Thursday, March 4, 2010

closer to home

Well, it is way past the time that I should have posted something here that is not a cremation! I won't offer all my excuses, but you can probably tell that I am someplace other than Bali now...From one interesting part of the world to another. That is how we like to spend our time, so we sandwiched in a short road trip to California before we get back to our real lives. When we came home from SE Asia to Spring flowers, I decided that it is not so bad to take a trip in the dead of winter and come back for Spring. We were lucky to have a few days of sun when we returned, but then the rains came again, so off we went to sunny California, headed for Palm Springs. In one day, we had such a change of scenery, from miles and mile of white blossomed almond trees, to pink peach blossoms. It was spectacular!
When we passed this meadow filled with cheery blooms, Jim pulled over to the side of the
road before I even asked him to and said "go get your photo". I said I gave him points for doing that , but had to deduct a few for the resigned tone of his voice! (I gave him back the points later)
Only a couple hours later we saw this beautiful view of Half Dome in Yosemite, after having lunch at the Ahwahnee lodge. Jim had never been to Yosemite, and I had never seen it in the winter, which was a wonderful time to be there. We saw lots of photography groups out for the day.
The next day we were soaking in the hot mineral pools in Desert Hot Springs, a world away from Yosemite! I love a place with palm trees, whether it is Bali or California. I am also a fan of hot springs, and seek them out whenever I can. Here there were 6 swimming pools of varying temperatures, and it was very relaxing.

5 comments:

  1. Glad your home, well sorta...the soaking under palm trees sounds wonderful
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Cynthia. Lucky you! Palm trees, and Yosemite. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great road trip to follow the flowers and the sun. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My golly what a traveller you are! I must say Bali always beckons me in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures made me want to take the same road trip!
    I need to soak in some hot minerals after the long winter we had.
    Great posts, found you through Carol at Paris Breakfasts.
    I'm a Chicagoan liviing in Paris, feel free to stop over and read my blog if you get a chance.
    Have a nice day,
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete