Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jane LaFazio journal class in San Diego

When I was in San Diego visiting my son Sam, we spent some time in Escondido viewing this fabulous mosaic creation by . Nikki de St Phalle Unfortunately it was closed on Monday,so we could only peer through the grate. I will definitely be back!

This is at Kit Carson park, and if you didn't know it was here, it would be easy to miss. Keep following the signs to Queen Califia and you will be rewarded when you come upon this magical place.
The real reason for coming up to Escondido area was to take a private journaling class with Jane LaFazio at San Bernardo winery. I had wanted to take a class with her for some time and this turned out to be my opportunity. Jane was gracious enough to meet me at the last minute and we had a great day sketching together.

No comments:

Post a Comment